1. Umpires shall bear a greater responsibility for engendering public confidence in sports.
2. Umpires shall be free of obligation to any interest other than the impartial and fair judging of sports competitions.
3. Umpires shall hold and maintain the basic tenets of officiating which include history, integrity, neutrality, respect, sensitivity, professionalism, discretion and tactfulness.
4. Umpires shall master both the rules of the game and mechanics necessary to enforce the rules, and shall exercise authority in an impartial, firm and controlled manner.
5. Umpires shall uphold the honor and dignity of the profession in all interactions with athletes, coaches, tournament or league officials, colleagues, TBL board members and the public.
6. Umpires shall display and execute superior communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal.
7. Umpires shall recognize that anything which may lead to a conflict of interest, either real or apparent, must be avoided. Gifts, favors, special treatment, privileges, employment or a personal relationship with a team which can compromise the perceived impartiality of officiating must be avoided.
8. Umpires shall prepare themselves both physically and mentally, shall dress neatly and appropriately, and shall comport themselves in a manner consistent with the high standards of the profession.
9. Umpires shall not be party to actions designed to unfairly limit or restrain access to officiating, officiating assignments or to association membership. This includes selection for positions of leadership based upon economic, race, creed, color, age, sex, physical handicap, country or national origin.
10. Umpires shall be punctual and professional in the fulfillment of all contractual obligations. Umpires agree to be at the game site no later than 15 minutes before the scheduled game time.
11. Umpires shall work with each other and their governing bodies in a constructive and cooperative manner.
12. Umpires shall resist every temptation and outside pressure to use one’s position as an official to benefit oneself.
13. Umpires shall never participate in any form of illegal gambling on sports contests and may never gamble on any sporting event in which they have either a direct or indirect involvement.
14. Umpires shall not make false or misleading statements regarding their qualifications, rating, credentials, experience, training or competence.
15. Umpires understand that the use of any Tobacco products is not accepted at any games assigned and officiated or in the vicinity of the playing area by Twinsburg Baseball League umpires.
16. Umpires will not officiate any games after having any alcoholic drinks that day or showing up with alcohol on his/her breath.
17. Umpires shall not; when observing a game, publicly criticize or demean other officials as they officiate a baseball contest.
18. Umpires will contact the TBL Umpire coordinator or TBL board member within 24 hours in the event of any special circumstances that may arise from their game. Umpires will also file a report with the TBL Umpire coordinator by e-mail concerning any ejection of any player or coach.
19. Umpires agree that any assignment is subject to cancellation by the Assignor when, in his sole judgment, deems such cancellation to be in the best interest of the teams and the officials.
20. Umpires shall accept responsibility for all actions taken.